Go to main navigation
773 Main Street, Manchester, CT 06040
Free Consultation 860.643.1136 860.643.1136

Pay attention to your uninsured and underinsured auto insurance coverage

Despite a law which requires auto insurance here in Connecticut, many people break the law and drive without insurance. If you have an accident and are injured by someone who has no insurance, you have the right to file a claim against your own insurance company. This is known as an “Uninsured Motorist” claim.

If you are injured by someone who has insurance, but it is less liability insurance than you have, you can request that your own company compensate you for your injuries and losses that exceed the other person’s insurance. This is known as an “Underinsured Motorist” claim.

With the number of people driving with little or no insurance these days, it is important to protect yourself with an adequate amount of insurance coverage on your own policy. Remember, under/uninsured motorist insurance is designed to protect you and your family. You should talk to your insurance professional about the coverage you want and the premiums required. Make sure you have in place the protection your family needs. Don’t rely on the “other guy’s” insurance!

DISCLAIMER: This site and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. See competent counsel for advice on any legal matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *